Union Fire District Administration Building and Training Center
At the heart of South Kingstown's volunteer fire service is the Union Fire District Administration Building. The sprawling complex on Asa Pond Road houses the offices of the Union Fire District Chief and deputy Chiefs, meeting and classrooms used by firefighters and the UFD Board of Wardens, conference rooms, the office of the UFD clerk and the town's tax assessor and tax collector offices.
The ground floor of the building houses a gym and a storage area. Behind the administration building is the district's training facility, the largest permanent training facility of its kind in Rhode Island. Also on the campus is the UFD maintenance garage.
- Fax: 401-789-8750
- Hours: UFD office hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed. Tax collector's office hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: The administration building is equipped with a ramp at its front entrance.
- Founding Date: 2002
- Services: Tax collection and assessment, UFD chief's office
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Wi-Fi: None
- Number of firefighters: 200
- Number of trucks: 24
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Volunteer