The Farmer's Daughter
"Inspiration and imagination await you," says general manager/creative director Sue Champagne. Take a stroll around the expansive and brilliantly colorful grounds at The Farmer's Daughter and you'll soon understand why. One gets the impression the entire color spectrum is represented in its rather impressive collection of flora, the vast majority of which are propagated in-house. The Farmer's Daughter also provides referrals to a landscape architect, although you may likely find one on staff when you arrive. A new space for private events and weddings is scheduled to open in summer, 2011. In accordance with its name and family-run nature, you'll probably see the farmer's daughter, Sarah, tending her crops.
- Fax: 401-792-1349
- Hours: Mar - Dec, daily, 9am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Most products are outside, most buildings on the property are at ground level.
- Founding Date: 1999
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Dwarf conifers, perennials, annuals, fruit trees/shrubs, hollies, native plants, shade shrubs, flowers, fresh fruit, vegetables
- Services: Classes, Delivery, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping
- Return policy: Claim specific.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: Its people!
- What tips would you give to new gardeners?: "Location of plantings is KEY. If you are not sure where to plant something, or what to plant where, we are happy to help."
- Services (nurseries, gardening): Landscape design, Planting