When it comes to dining with a view, Salty's Landing is tough to beat. As part of the Salty Brine Beach bath house, it is essentially on the beach, and has an outside seating area that offers outstanding views of Narragansett Bay, as well as a front-row seat to the Block Island Ferry as it transports tourists between the island and Point Judith. But it's not just location, location, location: Salty's Landing, which opened in May 2010, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner - or a quick bite between meals - concession-style and at great prices.
Owner Dan Murphy is hands-on and accommodating, and takes pride in using as many local vendors as possible. You'll find clam cakes, chowder, fish & chips and handmade stuffies on the menu, as well as other standard beach stand fare like burgers, sandwiches and fried items. Breakfast dishes include eggs, French toast and muffins. Salty's Landing also serves Baby Elliott's frozen lemonade for a cold treat to enjoy as you take in the view.
- Hours: May - late September: Daily, 8am - 6pm; October weekends: 8am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp
- Founding Date: 2010
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Take-out
- Specialties: Clam cakes, chowder, fish & chips, handmade stuffies
- Parking: Free lot
- Seasons: Autumn (Sept-Nov), Summer (Jun-Aug)
- Season end: October
- Season start: May