Ocean View Chinese Restaurant
The Ocean View Chinese Restaurant is located in the rear of Mariner Square across from the Salt Pond Shopping Plaza (Super Stop and Shop).
The regulars and those who travel from all over Rhode Island to dine here can tell you that this is not your typical Chinese restaurant. Ocean View has been serving distinct Mandarin and Szechuan gourmet dishes for nearly 30 years now.
Its specialized menu is always prepared with fresh Asian vegetables and authentic Oriental herbs, which make all their sauces and stir-frys stand out from the traditional Chinese takeout entree.
A wide variety of vegetarian dishes are prepared fresh and always made with the finest asian ingredients, many shipped from Boston Chinese markets.
Their chefs are highly trained using stir-frying skills learned from their ancestors—not traditional modern-day techniques. This enables every dish to have its own distinctive flavor as well as to be prepared in the healthiest fashion possible. MSG is not used in this restaurant, which offers a very healthy and flavorful approach to each and every dish served. Ocean View Chinese Restaurant is well-known for its original and flavorful sauces.
Oriental music is played softly in the background so that your dining experience reflects a true, Chinese flavor. Take out your meal or dine-in six days a week; the restaurant is closed on Tuesdays. Delivery is not available, and the restaurant is a BYOB establishment.
- Hours: Dinner only: Wed - Mon, 4:30pm - 10 pm, takeout until 11 pm; Tue, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Restaurant is accessible from the parking lot.
- Founding Date: 1983
- Payments accepted: Cash
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.oceanviewchinese.com/FullMenuAug09.pdf
- Specialties: Mandarin and Szechuan gourmet food
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Signature dishes: Vegetarian specials
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Szechuan dishes
- Price level: $$
- Number of tables: 15
- Features: BYOB-only, Dinner, Group-friendly
- Dress code: Casual