Narragansett Pier Middle School
Narragansett Pier Middle School is located right in the heart of this seaside community and is directly next to Narragansett High School. The middle school's mission is to guide its fifth through eighth grade students through a period of growth and change intellectually, emotionally, physically and socially.
The campus, built in 1990, has athletic facilities on site, in addition to the joint use of the outdoor track and baseball field located next door at Narragansett High School. There are several nature trails on the grounds for outdoor exploration.
Currently, the school's science department is involved in a pilot program headed by Dr. Robert Ballard. Students will watch live feeds as he and his team undertake an exciting expedition on the E/V Nautilus to map the sea floor, study underwater volcanoes, investigate unusual life forms, explore shipwrecks and more.
- Fax: 401-792-9436
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:05am - 2:35pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are accessible ramps located all over the campus.
- Founding Date: The Pier School was founded in 1990.
- Number of students: 452
- Male-to-female ratio: 2:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 96
- Accreditation/licenses: Noted as a high-performing school.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 19:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 63 members of the faculty including teachers, administrators, special education teachers, teaching assistants, guidance counselors and a school nurse.
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Narragansett Pier School is very active in supporting the communitiy's many social, educational, sporting and fund-raising events throughout the year. Many students receive credit for community service hours beyond the required number of hours.
- What makes this community special?: This small, seaside community is very involved with its three schools. It is a family oriented town where education, service to community and value of the town beaches, parks and other facilities are a high priority.
- Grade levels: Grades 9 - 12
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: There are a host of activities available, including sports, yearbook club, class council, newspaper club and drama, among others.
- Sports teams: Baseball, basketball, cross country, track and field, soccer, softball