In 1989, Gaetano and Sally Gravino bought Gus's beach stand in Warwick, which had been in operation since 1924, and founded Iggy's Doughboys & Chowder House. Since then, the Gravino Famly has continued to offer great food at reasonable prices, and Iggy's has endured as a Rhode Island favorite.
In 2000 the Gravinos opened Iggy's second location in Narragansett, and operate it seasonally, from April to October. Customers order at the window outside and can eat in one of two dining areas, either inside or outside. There is also the option of taking food to one of the two popular beaches nearby, Scarborough Beach and Oakland Beach.
- Hours: Summer hours: Sun - Thurs, 11am - 10pm; Fri - Sat, 11am - 11pm. Off-season hours: Sun - Thurs, 11am - 8pm; Fri - Sat, 11am - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: iggysdoughboys.com/iggysmenu.html
- Specialties: Doughboys, Chowder, Clamcakes, Fish & Chips
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Cuisine: Burgers, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Price level: $
- Features: Dinner, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual