Growing Children of Rhode Island
Growing Children of Rhode Island, located just north of the old South Road School, is a school that aims to nurture the creative minds and spirits of young children by immersing them in an arts-based education. Specializing in child care, preschool and kindergarten, it is a clean and safe environment to leave a child in according to the faculty.
The center operates with a no closed door policy, which means that not only are parents allowed to come in at will and participate, no door with the exception of the facility's main door is ever fully closed.
- Fax: 401-783-1093
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 6pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The building is one story at ground level.
- Founding Date: 2009
- Number of students: 60
- Male-to-female ratio: even
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 10
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Growing Children RI is licensed by DCYF and the Rhode Island Department of Education.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:3, up to 1:8
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 23
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is an active supporter of the community that hold fundraisers for the local animal shelter and the Jonnycake Center.
- Payments accepted: Personal Check
- Ages: Infant to 6 years old
- Capacity: 84
- Services (child care, day care): Nurse
- Insured: Yes
- Licensed: Yes
- Average personnel experience (years): 10
- Average personnel training (years): 16
- What's your organizational philosophy?: Growing Children is organized by the Reggio -- Emmilia philosophy of art-based teaching. The curriculum is planned around the children's interests.
- Montessori: No