George's of Galilee Waterfront Seafood Restaurant
George's of Galilee is a summertime staple for Rhode Islanders and tourists alike. It has been in the Durfee family since 1948, when Norman and Edna Durfee purchased George's Lunch and served breakfast and lunch to a clientele of locals and fishermen. Over time, the Durfee family has grown it into the well-known Rhode Island establishment it is today.
George's aims to create a family-friendly atmosphere for its customers and offers them a variety of options, from a take-out window to dining al fresco, from casual upstairs dining to a more formal dining area downstairs. Although perhaps best known for its clam cakes and chowder, George's has a full menu that includes seafood and pasta dishes, burgers, sandwiches and even sushi.
George's closes for about a month at the beginning of each year, but has fun events and live music just about every weekend its open.
- Hours: Mon - Thurs, 11:30am - 9pm; Fri - Sun, 11:30am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Downstairs dining area is wheelchair accessible
- Founding Date: 1948
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: georgesofgalilee.com/takeout.htm
- Specialties: Clam Cakes, Chowder, Fish & Chips
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Live / Raw Food, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties, View, Waterfront
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun
- Dress code: Casual