In business since 1945 and situated in the buildings that once housed historic Wakefield's banks, Damon's Hardware is a South Kingstown staple. Consequently, it is no wonder why you might get caught up in conversation during your visit to this down-home hardware store. Offering everything from your average nuts and bolts, to screen repair, gardening supplies, and even floor coverings, Damon's Hardware has a staff that is quite well-prepared to provide help and advice for any project. The store has been a family-run business since its inception, so customers also enjoy the added benefit of solid referrals. "We have an entire book of contractors and professionals we like to recommend," says co-owner Antonia Chappell.
- Fax: 401-783-3850
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 7:45am - 5:30pm; Sun, 9am - 1pm
- Handicap Accessible: Store entrance is at sidewalk level.
- Founding Date: 1945
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Shovels, chicken wire, nuts, bolts, nails, screws, seeds, gardening supplies, manual and power tools, general hardware
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates, Repair
- Return policy: Bring a receipt.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: Our family has been in town forever, and they are all very close by. I love going for walks in the morning and seeing everyone I know.
- What are some tips to keep in mind when decorating?: We recommend using Benjamin Moore paints. Don't forget, we do floor coverings as well.
- Interior design: No
- What tips would you give to new gardeners?: Our staff is very knowledgeable and quite capable of giving lots of advice whatever the situation may be. Definitely stop by with questions before making purchases for a project.