Courthouse Center for The Arts
Located in the 1896 Washington County Courthouse, the Courthouse Center for the Arts has been providing education and entertainment in a multitude of art forms since 1988. The former courthouse had been abandoned by the State of Rhode Island, until the founding members raised enough money to renovate the historic landmark. Since its opening, the Courthouse Center for the Arts has kept a busy schedule ranging from art galleries to live theatrical performances to concerts.
- Fax: 401-782-1630
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 4pm; Sat, 10am - 2pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1988
- Ticket information: See website
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What makes this community special?: Having dedicated board members from the area, as well as the welcomed amount of diversity that comes with being located near a college campus.
- Music specialties: Blues, Classical, Folk, Jazz, Rock
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: An August 2010 performance of the play "Buddy Holly."