The original Cheeky Monkey Cafe was located in Newport, Rhode Island and founded in 1996 by Henry Kates. The fun behind the restaurant's whimsical name is credited to a British pastry chef, Lulu, who worked for Kates and loved to refer to his co-workers as cheeky monkeys.
Ten years later, when Kates ended his run as the owner and the Executive Chef, Jeff Cruff and his wife, Stephanie, decided to reopen the Cheeky Monkey in beautiful Narragansett.
The elegant black and white decor will leave you smiling as you enjoy an intimate dining experience, perhaps being lucky enough to sit in a table near the portrait of the Cheeky Monkey herself!
Best known for their tastings, this restaurant also offers a family style dinner where the food is placed in the center of the table and everyone helps themselves. The menu for a tasting is selected in advance and Chef Cruff will accommodate any special requests.
- Hours: Tue - Sun, 5:30pm - 9pm; Mon, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Restaurant is accessible from the parking lot.
- Founding Date: 2007
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in
- Specialties: Lobster butternut bisque, homemade mushroom ravioli, seafood paella
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Seafood
- Signature dishes: Grilled Moroccan BBQ Atlantic salmon, Cheeky Monkey Fried Calamari
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Jeff Cruff
- Number of tables: 16
- Features: Dinner
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fun
- Dress code: Casual