Beekman Violin specializes in the sale, repair and restoration of violin, cello and string bass instruments, also offering student rentals. "I'm the only show in town," Beekman violin owner/operator Steve Beekman says, petting his recently adopted mascot, Cassie. Beekman is a man of passion. He began learning his trade as an apprentice and spent 15 years attending school part time during summers to run his business today.
- Hours: Tue - Fri, noon - 5:30; Sat, 10am - 3pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1980
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: Everything. It is a great place to live and has a great local government that truly supports and facilitates outdoor recreation and puts serious effort into the quality of its schools. Plus the schools support music.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Violin and bass rentals, sales, restoration and repair; sheet music; instructional books
- Services: Gift certificates, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: Claim-specific
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Private events: No
- Is there a song or movie that best captures the feel of the town?: "God's Country"
- Brands (music, video, games): "Although we work a lot with Eastman Strings, we are not brand-specific."
- New/used: New, Used
- Sell/rent/trade: Rent, Sell, Trade