Many who have enjoyed a dining experience at Narragansett's Basil's Restaurant feel as though they have been transported back to the turn of the century where a charming ambience of soft lighting and elegant surroundings compliment the classic French Continental cuisine they are so well known for.
In business since 1984, world class Chef and Owner Vasilios Kourakis and his wife, Kathy, will see to it personally that every detail of your meal and visit will be met with the delightful charm and warmth they are so well known for. Each and every customer is treated with this outstanding service and in addition to the delectable and freshly prepared appetizers and entrees. Basil's has also won the prestigious award of excellence for their fine wines for 11 years.
Reservations are recommended when dining at Basil's.
- Fax: 401-789-3045
- Hours: Summer hours: Mon-Sun, 5:30pm - 10pm; Winter hours: Wed-Sun, 5:30pm – 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: This restaurant was founded in 1984.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.basilsri.com/menu1.htm
- Specialties: French Continental Cusuine such as beef stroganoff and filet mignon
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Dessert / Ice Cream, French
- Signature dishes: Duck a l’Orange, Pepper Steak á la Francaise and Veal Oscar are a few of the outstanding entrees that guests will find waiting for them at Basil's.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Veal á la Basil’s is their sought after specialty featuring medallions of veal sautéed with a light cream and mushroom sauce.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: Vasilios Kourakis
- Number of tables: 15
- Features: Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining, Quiet, Romantic
- Dress code: Basil's suggests you dress comfortably!