Here are the (more than) Five Things for Saturday, May 26, 2012:
High school sports playoff fever, catch it! A quick look at all the local teams in the playoffs so far:
- In the Division I boys’ tennis playoffs, No. 1 South Kingstown plays at Slater Park 1 p.m. today against No. 4 Barrington.
- In the Division II boys’ tennis playoffs, No. 5 Prout beat No. 4 Ponaganset 4-2. Prout plays Cranston West at Slater Park 10 a.m. today.
- In the Division III boys’ tennis playoffs, No. 2S Narragansett hosts No. 3N Burrillville at 11 a.m. today.
- In the Division II boys’ lacrosse playoffs, No. 3 Prout were upset by No. 6 Mount Saint Charles, 12-10. The Mounties will play at No. 2 South Kingstown at 6 p.m. Thursday. South Kingstown beat Mt. Hope 7-4.
- In the Division III boys’ lacrosse playoffs, No. 2 Narragansett beat No. 7 East Providence 5-1. They will host the winner of No. 3 Toll Gate and No. 6 Tiverton next week, most likely on Wednesday.
- In the Division I girls’ lacrosse playoffs, No. 7 South Kingstown was eliminated by No. 2 Barrington, 17-6.
- In the Division II girls’ lacrosse playoffs, No. 2 Narragansett beat No. 7 Mount Saint Charles 20-5. The Mariners host No. 3 Tiverton at 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The curious case of Kaspar Hauser. On this day in 1828, a German teen named Kaspar Hauser appeared in the streets of Nuremberg. To read all about him, click here.
Oh my god, he kills Kenny! Happy 40th birthday to Matt Stone, one half of the duo that creates South Park.
Blog blog blog blog blogggggg. At Narragansett-South Kingstown Patch, we’re always looking for new bloggers, despite our obnoxiously long name. If you’d like free exposure for your existing blog, or simply want to start writing, feel free to shoot an email to Stephen.email@example.com to get the process started. You can write about WHATEVER you’d like!
Book clubs, movies and tennis lessons! Have you checked out our events calendar lately? You know, it is where I get most of my information for this article. Also, as long as you have a Patch account, you can create your own events and save us some hard work. (Thanks in advance!)
Want to be e-mailed whenever a new Five Things is published? Click the “keep me notified!” button below.