What’s your motto?
This is such an interesting question!
As every day passes some of us go through life floating in and out of mental consciousness. You may have seen it or this may actually sound familiar to you.
You get up at the same time every morning, rush out of the house, take the same boring long ride to work, listening to the same radio station on the way, get to work, put in your time, drive home, eat in front of the TV and get ready to do it all over again.
EVERY SINGLE DAY!
For some of you reading this, you may be in this situation feeling helpless and stuck wondering if you will ever get out of this rut, or how others in your life are not experiencing this.
There is help!
It can come from a simple daily thought.
We all know the power our minds display – they can do it in a positive way or a negative way, and it really all depends on how you choose to use it.
It’s your job to not use it negatively, but use it positively!
It starts with a DAILY MOTTO!
You want daily word(s) or phrase(s) that are going to have you JUMP out of YOUR BED in the morning with ENERGY and VITALITY!
This is a phrase that is going to ignite energy in your life that you want to live by.
Start by thinking how you want to live your life. What type of life do you want? How do you want to do it? (WRITE IT DOWN)
Then, brainstorm people you admire. They can be authors, actors, actresses, singers, philosophers, teachers, trainers or friends.
What are some of the core values that have taught you or values they represent that you would like to emulate?
No matter what, your motto must represent you or your goal.
Once you have your personal motto, you must be reminded of it daily!
Here are some examples:
- Put in on a sticky pad paper and stick it to your lamp cover, so you see it before you go to bed and for when you wake up. This motto will be with you all day.
- Set your phone calendar a reminder: write in your motto and make sure this repeats daily.
- Put it on as your computer screen saver or background to your computer desktop.
- Be sure to tell EVERYONE you know this motto. When friends, family, or co-workers have a conversation with you, chances are they will talk to you about your motto and your goals that go with that motto.
You need to do whatever possible to remind yourself of this motto.
By doing this, you will be able to stay on track towards achieving your personal goals and hold yourself accountable every day.
Here are some examples of positive mottos:
- “NEVER SAY NEVER”
- “IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL”
The possibilities are endless; there are no right and no wrong mottos. Focus on what represents you best!