No, we're not talking about hotels. We're talking about some of the most expensive Rhode Island homes currently on the market.
Here are five of them, courtesy of Zillow.com:
- 254 Ocean Avenue, Newport. This $19 million home has eight bedrooms and 14 bathrooms over more than 15,000 square feet. Its crescent shape is meant to complement the curve of the coast. There's an ocean-facing pool, tennis court, and six-car garage.
- 237 Ruggles Avenue, Newport. This $17.9 million home has 15 bedrooms and 14 bathrooms spread over more than 24,000 square feet. The house was built in 1875. It includes a grand ballroom, tiled swimming pool, and a cabana.
- 19 Ocean View Highway, West. This $12.5 million home has five bedrooms and five bathrooms spread over more than 11,000 square feet. There are two guest houses and a pool.
- 21 Hammersmith Road, Newport. This $9.9 million home has nine bedrooms and eight bathrooms spread over more than 7,000 square feet. It sits on 23 acres overlooking Newport Country Club. It has a carriage house, cottage, and it's approved for a heliport. Yes, a heliport.
- 1185 North Main Road, Jamestown. This $9.9 million home has four bedrooms and 11 bathrooms spread over more than 12,000 square feet. It includes an indoor pool, chef's kitchen, and an elevator.