- Devron M. Dugan, 20, of 720 East Ave., Pawtucket, was charged with driving on a suspended license, speeding and overloading a vehicle after officers allegedly caught him driving 93 mph on Tower Hill Road. Four passengers were in the backseat of his Nissan Altima, which has just three seatbelts.
While searching Dugan, officers found a wallet in his pocket with an identification that did not belong to him. He reportedly told officers it belonged to one of the passengers or one of their friends. All denied knowing the wallet’s owner, so officers confiscated it.
Before releasing him later that night, officers asked Dugan about the wallet, and asked him to count the cash in it to verify how much was there. After counting the $120, Dugan said the wallet belonged to his friend but the cash was his. He asked to take the cash and have his friend pick up the wallet. Officers retained possession of the wallet and the cash.
- Jay M. McGrath, 21, of 68 Elizabeth Ave., Westfield, MA, was arrested for an alleged hit-and-run at the corner of Kingstown and Lower College roads, near the URI campus.
McGrath reportedly pulled his SUV onto Kingstown Road without yielding to traffic, causing an accident, then sped away eastbound on Route 138. Narragansett Police pulled him over after a call was put out on the radio. McGrath told police “some vehicle hit me” and he got scared and drove away, reports indicate. He was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and failure to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Peter J. Yrchik Shoemaker, 21, of 136 Briarwood Dr., Wakefield, was charged with breaking and entering Sept. 25.
- Ellen Morrissey, 46, of 4890 South County Trl., Charlestown, was charged with driving on a suspended license Sept. 25 after officers pulled her over on Moonstone Beach Road for allegedly driving 76 mph in a 50 mph zone on Route 1.
- Joshua S. Moore, 40, of Jennifer Dr., South Kingstown, was charged with domestic assault and domestic disorderly conduct Sept. 29 after his now former girlfriend reported he had head-butted her the night before and was punching and kicking her front door that morning.
- Donald A. Morel, 54, of Carol Dr., Harrisville, was charged with domestic assault Sept. 29.
- Edmund Mauro, 55, of Torrey Rd., South Kingstown, was charged with domestic assault Sept. 24.
- Patrick H. Celico, 18, of 155 Old North Rd., South Kingstown, was arrested Sept. 30 on a warrant from the Richmond Police Department on a charge of breaking and entering. Officers located him in the Kingston Emporium, near his home.
- Louis C. Northup III, 22, of 910 Curtis Corner Rd., South Kingstown, was arrested Sept. 30 at his home on a warrant from the Richmond Police Department
- Roberta M. Matteson, 54, of 2091 Kingstown Rd., South Kingstown, was arrested Sept. 30 on a 4th District Court bench warrant for an original charge of driving on a suspended license, after being pulled over on High Street.