The following incident reports are based solely on information provided by the South Kingstown Police Department and describes their actions from March 13 to 20. These reports do not indicate a conviction.
- Tao Yuan, 29, of 2900 Kingstown Road, Apt. D435, Kingston, was arrested on Tuesday, March 20 at 3:33 a.m. and charged with domestic simple
- Robert Scott Halley Sr., 39, of 91 Joyce Drive, Stoughton, MA, was arrested on Monday, March 19 at 2:49 p.m. and charged with domestic violation of a no contact order and cyberstalking.
- Matthew Koo Ruane Carothers, 25, of 90 Meadow Tree Farm Road, was arrested on Monday, March 19 at 4:06 p.m. and charged with domestic disorderly conduct and domestic simple assault. He will be arraigned in Fourth Division District Court on March 29.
Suspended License Charges
- Dennis Clary, 49, of 400 Main St. Apt. C, was arrested on Monday, March 19 at 11:48 a.m. and charged with driving with a suspended license. He will be arraigned in Fourth Division District Court on March 29.
- Richard Johnson, 19, of 136 North Road, was arrested on Sunday, March 18 at 4:06 p.m. and charged with driving with a suspended license. He
will be arraigned in Fourth Division District Court on April 5.
- Dominic H. Walmsley, 41, of 188 High St., was arrested on Wednesday, March 14 at 9:40 p.m. and charged with driving with a suspended license. He will be arraigned in Fourth Division District Court on March 29.
- David Albino, of 192 Ocean Ave. reported on Friday, March 16 at 12:56 p.m. that someone stole a three-foot tall, 75-pound mermaid statue from his yard sometime during the night. The statute is estimated to cost $2,500.
- Jacques H. Dubuisson, 45, of 19 Central Ave., reported on Monday, March 13 at 4:26 p.m. that someone stole two guitars, valued at $3,400, from the basement of his home sometime after March 9. Police are investigating leads at this time.
- Kengelin P. Bell, of 315 Pine Hill Road, reported on Tuesday, March 13 at 2:05 p.m. at 11:28 a.m. that someone broke into her Bittersweet
Farm Road home sometime between 9:15 and around 11 a.m. The thief got away with a safe containing $25,400, a silver Rolex worth $2,000 and $1,950 worth of jewelry. Police are investigating the incident.
- A 16-year-old boy was arrested on Saturday, March 17 at 7:04 p.m. and charged with possession of marijuana, first offense, after police were called to Riverside Cemetery for a report of youths drinking and doing drugs. The matter was referred to the juveniles division.
- Cole W. Nayman, 20, of 59 Dry Creek Way, was arrested on Saturday, March 17 at 1:55 p.m. on a bench warrant issued from Fourth Division District Court. He was arraigned in Fourth Division District Court on March 19.
- John D. Salvatore, 26, of 1804 Mooresfield Road, was arrested on Wednesday, March 14 at 2:25 p.m. on a warrant issued from Third Division District Court. He was arraigned later that day and released on bail.
- Jazmond Reels, 21, of 103 Church St., was arrested on Wednesday, March 14 at 1:32 p.m. on a bench warrant from Fourth Division District Court. He was arraigned later that day.
- Jeffrey Scott Monroe, 42, of 38 Rolens Drive Apt. A4, was arrested on Monday, March 19, at 4:40 p.m. on a bench warrant from Fourth Division District Court. He was be arraigned in Fourth Division District Court on March 14.
SK Man Hit With Two Felonies, One Misdemeanor in Parking Lot Fight
According to 's Samantha Turner, Breck Lucas Holdredge, 23, of 13 Pike St. in South Kingstown, was arrested March 14 at 2:13 a.m. on charges of domestic disorderly conduct and felony charges of refusing to relinquish a phone and domestic assault – his third offense.
Police responded to Wickford Marina for a report of two people yelling. When officers arrived, they allegedly saw Holdredge run from the parking lot to the street. Police were able to catch up to him after he fell over a cement wall.
Though Holdredge initially told officers he was arguing with a man called “John,” his female victim allegedly told police that he had assaulted her. According to reports, the woman had multiple scratches on her forehead and neck. The woman allegedly told officers that the two got into an argument in her car after seeing Holdredge’s ex-girlfriend at a bar in South Kingstown earlier that night.
According to reports, the woman got out of the car after Holdredge grabbed her by the throat, but realized she did not have her phone to call for help nor her glasses. The woman allegedly went back to Holdredge to get her phone, at which time he began choking her at the rear of the car, telling her, “Shut up or I am not going to stop.” The woman also alleged that Holdredge choked her and threw her to the ground multiple times during the altercation.
Police found her phone underneath a plow truck 50 feet away and found her glasses in Holdredge’s pocket.
Want to be e-mailed when new South Kingstown police reports are posted? Click the “keep me posted!” button below.