Since the University of Rhode Island has been back in session, Narragansett Police officers have been spending much of their weekend nights breaking up loud parties in neighborhoods where students rent.
In just three nights – Sept. 27-29, police charge 9 people with underage drinking or possession of alcohol, and issued 10 citations for violation of the social host law (allowing minors to drink on the premises), most after being called by neighbors complaining of loud partying and large crowds in residential areas.
The following were charged with unlawful possession or consumption of alcohol by a minor:
- Taylor N. Norton, 20, of 808 7th Ave., River’s Edge, NJ, after police responded to reports of a loud party at 8 Kingston Lane at about 1:30 a.m. on Sept. 29.
- Evan James Tassab, 20, of 45 Sylvan Road, Narragansett, after officers broke up a loud party at 51 Middle Road at about 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 29.
- Henry E. Kerstgens, 20, of 7 Greene Lane, Narragansett, also at 51 Middle Road.
- Ryan R. Borsari, 19, of 11 Surrey Lane, Southbury, CT, after officers responded to complaints of a loud party at 27 Westmoreland Lane.
- Patrick B. O’Connor, 20, of 49 Weaver Road, North Kingstown, after officers reportedly saw him walking along Lincoln Way carrying a bottle of Sailor Jerry spiced rum about 1 a.m. on Sept. 28.
- James M. Northup, 20, of 105 Brookside Drive, North Kingstown, after officers reportedly saw him throw a bottle of Dr. McGillicuddy’s root beer spiced rum after he saw them patrolling on Lincoln Way about 1 a.m. Sept. 28.
- Zachary J. Smith, 20, of 3 Summit Road, Narragansett during a party at 13 Bonnet View Drive just after midnight on Sept. 28.
- Joshua A. Travers, 20, of 77 Tranner Ave., Warwick, after officers allegedly saw him walking down Angell Road with a Budweiser in his hand about 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 27.
- Matthew J. Bizier, 20, of 24 Beach Plum Road, Narragansett, after an officer allegedly saw him walking along Kingstown Lane just after midnight Sept. 28, carrying a can of Busch beer.
The following were charged with violating the social host law:
- Justin David Fields, 20, of 8 Kingston Lane, Narragansett, after calls reporting a loud party at about 1 a.m. Sept. 29.
- Clayton N. Cerrato, 20, of 8 Kingston Lane, Narragansett.
- Robert C. Fischer, 20, of 51 Middle Road, Narragansett, after officers received reports of a loud party at about 11:30 p.m. on Sept. 29.
- Julia M. Watkinson, 22, os 27 Westmoreland St., Narragansett, after reports of a loud house party at about 10 p.m. Sept. 29.
- Caitlyn Jacklyn King, 27 Westmoreland St., Narragansett.
- Kimberly A. Steohens, 21, of 27 Westmoreland St., Narragansett.
- Brendan J. Croce, 19, of 13 Bonnet View Drive, Narragansett, after reports of a loud party just after midnight Sept. 28.
- Nicholas M. Spino, 20, of 13 Bonnet View Drive, Narragansett.
- Brendan M. Reddington, 20, of 13 Bonnet View Drive, Narragansett.
- Justin L. Loiacono, 19, of 13 Bonnet View Drive, Narragansett.