Unless otherwise noted, information about the following incidents was supplied by the Narragansett Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Tampa Man Arrested for 3 Warrants
Justin Blake Hart, 23, of 6903 Mexicala Court, Tampa, FL, was arrested at about 9:04 p.m. on Oct. 9. Police said three warrants were out for his arrest.
According to police, an officer traveling behind a dark sedan on Point Judith Road noted that the car’s rear plate light was defective. A traffic stop was made near Sunset Farm.
Police said a background check revealed that a passenger in the car – Hart – had warrants out for his arrest. He was arrested without incident. Police noted that all three were hold without bail Superior Court warrants, and Hart was transferred to the ACI at about 10:30 p.m. as a result.
The driver was warned for the plate light and allowed to drive from the scene.
According to online records, Hart has several open and closed court cases, dating back to 2007.
- In March 2011, he pleaded no contest to North Kingstown police felony charges of drug distribution and drug possession. He was ordered to serve six months at the ACI, followed by 3.5 year suspended sentence and 3.5 years of probation, and to also complete 100 hours of community service. A warrant was issued on Oct. 4 for a probation violation.
- In June 2010, Hart pleaded no contest to Rhode Island State Police charges emanating from the Wickford barracks of felony drug possession and driving with a suspended license. He was ordered to serve 10 days at the ACI, followed by two years probation and a two-year suspended sentence, and to also complete substance abuse counseling. A warrant was issued on Oct. 4 for a probation violation.
- In December 2008, he pleaded no contest to four Narragansett police felony charges of drug possession. He was ordered to complete substance abuse counseling and 100 hours of community service, and to serve three years probation and a three-year suspended sentence. A warrant was issued on Oct. 4 for a probation violation.
- In June 2008, he pleaded no contest to a Narragansett police charge of possession of marijuana. He was ordered to serve a year of probation, but after violating it, he served six months home confinement. An additional charge of driving with a suspended license was dismissed.
- In August 2007, he pleaded no contest to a South Kingstown police charge of driving with a suspended license. He was ordered to pay court costs.
Hart also has several arrests in Florida, according to online reports.
Unless otherwise noted, the information for this article was compiled from Narragansett police reports, which are available for review by any member of the public at their headquarters on Caswell Street. If we’re missing a call or report you’re interested in knowing about, feel free to leave a comment or to send Local Editor Stephen Greenwell a message at Stephen.email@example.com.
Want to be e-mailed when new police reports are posted? Click the notify button!