Unless otherwise noted, information about the following incidents was supplied by the South Kingstown Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Peter Lindley, 20, of 29 Tupelo Trail, Narragansett, was arrested at about 8:04 a.m. on Aug. 14 and charged with felony assault.
According to police, the charge against Lindley stems from an assault at Old Mountain Field on June 10. Lindley allegedly used his hands and/or feet to significantly injure a 19-year-old Peacedale man.
Details of the initial incident were not included in Lindley’s arrest report. Two witnesses – a 28-year-old South Kingstown resident and a 20-year-old South Kingstown resident – allegedly saw the assault.
Lindley was arrested on Aug. 14 at taken to the ACI.
South Kingstown police processed him at the ACI on Aug. 21, and said that during this processing, Lindley asked them how the victim was doing, before adding that he didn’t mean to hurt him and had only hit him two or three times. Police noted that they didn’t ask Lindley about the incident at any time.
Lindley is scheduled for a status conference today and felony screening on Sept. 11. He is being held without bail because of past arrests and no contest pleas. Dating back to 2010, he has six arrests, according to online records:
- In February 2012, Lindley pleaded no contest to a South Kingstown police charge of driving with a suspended license. He was ordered to pay a fine.
- In November 2011, Lindley pleaded no contest to a Narragansett police charge of assault. He was ordered to serve a year-long suspended sentence and a year of probation. A status conference is scheduled for today for a probation violation.
- In July 2011, Lindley pleaded no contest to a South Kingstown police felony charge of driving a motor vehicle without consent. He was ordered to serve three years probation and a three-year suspended sentence, and to complete 75 hours community service. A violation hearing is scheduled for today because of Lindley’s arrest.
- In July 2011, Lindley pleaded no contest to a South Kingstown police charge of possession of marijuana. He was ordered to serve a year of probation. For violating his probation, a year-long suspended sentence was imposed. Because of his latest arrest, Lindley is due for sentencing on Sept. 14. For details of this arrest, view our past story .
- In April 2011, Lindley pleaded no contest to a Cranston police felony charge of possession of stolen motor vehicle parts. He was ordered to serve three years probation and to pay restitution and assessments. A restitution review is scheduled for Sept. 27. For details of this arrest, view our past story .
- In January 2011, Lindley pleaded no contest to a Narragansett police charge of domestic disorderly conduct. He was ordered to complete domestic violence counseling. Six months probation and a six-month suspended sentence was imposed after several probation violations. For details of this arrest, view our past story .
Unless otherwise noted, the information for this article was compiled from South Kingstown police reports, which are available for review by any member of the public at their . If we’re missing a call or report you’re interested in knowing about, feel free to leave a comment or to send Local Editor Stephen Greenwell a message at Stephen.email@example.com.
Want to be e-mailed when new police reports are posted? Click the notify button!