1. Tuesday's School Committee Meeting Includes A Presention from Professor Leonard Lardaro.
The School Committee Meeting, will be held Tuesday, Oct. 17th at 7:00pm at the Cafeteria. Presenting will be Leonard Lardaro, Professor of Economics at the University of Rhode Island and author of "Applied Econometrics", an undergraduate econometrics text book.
In 1995, Professor Lardaro formulated the Current Conditions Index (CCI) for Rhode Island. This index gives a monthly indicator of the present state of the economy. In 1999, he published the Jobless Improvement Index, which measures each states unemployment rate.
The Professor's research has centered on the econometric analysis of labor markets and has included labor supply effects of Unemplyment Insurance as well as state-level analysis of job vacancy rates and labor market flows.
2. The South Kingstown Recreation Commission will meet this evening at 7:00pm at the . For those not familiar, the Recreation Commissin is a five-member policy board appointed by the Town Council and is responsible for overseeing the operation of the parks and recreation department. The Recreation Commission typically meets on the third Monday of each month at the Neighborhood Guild.
3. You have two location choices if you would like to donate blood today. The Rhode Island Blood Center will hold a blood drive at the West Bay Family YMCA in North Kingstown from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. The South County Donor Center in Narragnasett will also be open from 12:00m to 6:30pm. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please click on either location above. For eligibility or , please call 401-453-8383.
The Rhode Island Blood Center must collect 240 to 280 pints of blood daily to meet the needs of its community, relying on the generosity of volunteer blood donors. Be a hero, donate blood!
4. Seniors, stop by the Wellness Room at for your Monday Morning Maintenance & Wellness Clinic. You are able to have your blood pressure checked and a variety of other health screenings including glucose and cholesterol. Screenings are conducted by the nurses at our VNS/SCH Wellness Clinic. You can also have Weigh Mainenance checks done and receive healthy eating information.
5. South Kingstown Boys's and Girls' Varsity Soccer Game.
Here is a chance to support both the boys' and girls' Varsity Soccer Teams. The boys' varsity team will play at at 4:00pm and will take on the Shea High School team. The girls' varsity team will also play at Curtis Corner Middle School at 6:00pm and will be taking on the Warwick Veterans High School team.
For a complete schedule of home and away games for the Girls' Varsity Soccer,
For a complete schedule of home and away games for the Boys' Varsity Soccer,