In this troubled economy, many qualified people find themselves unable to find work. The Education Exchange aims to help.
The Education Exchange, 33 North Rd # C-1, Wakefield, will offer its Work Readiness Program today at 1 p.m. The program is based on the 2010 pilot funded by the Walmart Foundation State Giving Program and currently funded by a South Kingstown Community Development Block Grant.
The Work Readiness program helps adults prepare to find, secure and retain good jobs. Participants will:
- Search for jobs that fit their skills and goals.
- Fill out job applications.
- Write a resume and cover letter.
- Practice interview skills.
- Improve their computer skills.
- Explore different careers.
Call the Education Exchange at 401-783-0293 or visit www.EdExRI.org for more information and to register.