Five things for Wednesday, Jan. 11:
1. It's a busy day for sports at South Kingstown High School:
- The boys' varsity ice hockey team faces off against Narragansett High School at the University of Rhode Island's Boss Area, 1 Keaney Road, Kingston, at 8 p.m.
- The girl's varsity ice hockey team faces off against North Smithfield at URI's Boss Arena, at 6:30 p.m.
- The girls' varsity swim team will have its first meet at URI's Tootell Aquatic Center, 3 Keaney Road, Kingston, at 3 p.m.
- The boys' varsity swim team holds its first meet, also at URI's Tootell Aquatic Center, at 3:30 p.m.
2. meets today at the South Kingstown Public Library, 2605 Kingstown Road, from 7:30 - 9 p.m. This month's selection is "Time and Again, a science fiction by Jack Finney" The group meets he second Wednesday of every month.
3. Come cheer on the URI's Women's Basketball team at this home game against the UMASS Minutewomen. Tickets cost $9.
4. Two town meetings are scheduled for 7 p.m.
Town Council Work Session No. 3: School Committee FY 2012-13 Capital Improvement Program|6:30 p.m. at the , 180 High St., South Kingstown.
The council will hold a joint public work session with the School Committee to discuss proposed improvements to school properties and long-term financial programs. Click here for the agenda.
For the full budget schedule, click here for more information.
The South Kingstown Special Education Advisory Comittee|7 p.m. at the South Kingstown School Administration Building, 307 Curtis Corner Rd, South Kingstown.
5. Sunny skies with mild temperatures in the 40s will give way to stormy weather in the evening. There is a 90 percent chance of rain or snow, with little-to-no accumulation.