Turning Around Ministries
Job Readiness Program
*Turning Around Ministries Job Readiness Program is for formerly incarcerated individuals who are seeking employment. The TAM employment team has developed a job readiness workshop to better prepare individuals who are seeking a job in today’s challenging times. The Job Readiness Workshop is held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 9:00am-12:30.
Finding a job is a process and the TAM Job Readiness Workshop provides the participants with the “TOOLS” needed to be successful in their job search activities.
Workshop Topics & Take-Aways
· Barriers and Stereotypes: Acquire a better understanding of the barriers & stereotypes associated with individuals who have a record…..
· Develop your Employment Portfolio Documents: How to write an effective resume; the importance of cover letters and thank you notes; developing your personal profile……
· Create your “Pitch”: How to prepare for the interview; how to talk about your record during the interview; how to address the tough questions.....
· Developing your network: Learn how to develop a network and how to utilize your network in the job search process…..
· How to develop an effective Job Search Plan: In order to be successful in the job search process, you need a plan. We will provide you with a method to create a successful job search plan…..
· Identification of Employment Resources: During the workshop, we will discuss available resources, which include internet, State,
Federal, and community-based resources…..
Call 401-846-8264 to reserve your seat.
TAM is located at 40 Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Blvd.Newport, RI 02840
STARTING AUG 21 2013