Invite a friend
Courage to Speak-Courageous Parenting 101 at SKHS
Courage to Speak-Courageous Parenting 101 ®
Parents, grandparents, guardians -this free four-session substance abuse education and prevention program will be taught by a trained Courage to Speak® facilitator and was developed by the Courage to Speak Foundation to help parents like you understand substance abuse and its impact on children and youth. You will gain the knowledge required to communicate more effectively with your children. www.couragetospeak.org
The Program Covers:
- Teen drug use trends and party culture;
- Drug and alcohol abuse, addiction and its physiological consequences;
- Communication and listening strategies;
- Protective, psychological and developmental guidance to help reduce the risk of substance use;
- Dangers of enabling and hands-off parenting;
- How to help your child handle stress; Warning signs; The power of denial;
- Practical steps if use or abuse is suspected; Parenting styles; Sources of help and more.
-Session 1- will start Monday October 22nd and will continue on three subsequent Mondays.
- Session 2- Mon. Oct. 29th,
- Session 3 - Mon. Nov. 5th, (NO SCHOOL Mon Nov 12th Veterans Day)
- Session 4- Mon. Nov. 19th
Time: 6:30-8:30pm in South Kingstown High School Library
For more information about Courage to Speak - Courageous Parenting 101 ® and a registration form, please call Eileen Stone (401)360-1880, email Eileen@skprevention.com.
|Where||South Kingstown High School 215 Columbia St, Wakefield, RI 02879 (Enter building to go to Library through School St. entrance)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–8:00 pm|
More About South Kingstown High School
South Kingstown High School is one of the top high schools in the state of Rhode Island. SKHS offers a wide array of extracurricular activities and sports in addition to a rigorous academic program. SKHS is committed to engaging all stakeholders in the pursuit of preparing all students for success in college or the workplace. Through a dedicated staff and parent community sharing high expectations, South Kingstown High School is an institution that is committed to growth and supporting all students.
Other events here
- Rock SK 5k Sat, Jun 8, 5:00 pm–6:00 pm