Release courtesy the Washington County Coalition for Children.
Know someone who has been particularly important for children in Washington County? Nominate the, for the 2013 Champion for Children award – but hurry, the deadline is Tuesday, April 30.
This will be the 10th year the Washington County Coalition for Children has honored someone who has promoted, secured, and/or delivered quality services to children and families in an exemplary fashion. Past winners include:
- Olympic Physical Therapy, Community Health & Fitness Programs
- Pediatrician Celeste Corcoran, Coastal Medical: Narragansett Bay Pediatrics
- Candy Lodge, North Kingstown Special Olympics;
- South Kingstown School Superintendent Dr. Robert Hicks;
- Tammy McNeiece, Special Education teacher at Curtis Corner Middle School
- Deedra Durocher, foster parent and business leader;
- Kim Bossian, Head Start Health Coordinator for South County Community Action;
- Mark Hawk, Special Education Director for Westerly School Department; and
- Wilburn Logan of the Family Advocacy Project
Candidates can be advocates, volunteers, elected officials, nonprofit agency directors or board members, teachers, service providers, journalists and other community leaders. Current WCCC members are ineligible for the award.
The deadline to submit nominations is Tuesday, April 30. The winner will be honored at WCCC’s 11th Annual Children’s Issues Forum and Breakfast to be held on Wednesday, May 22 at the Village Inn in Narragansett.
To download a nomination form, see the attached PDF or visit www.washcokids.org.
For more information, please contact Shannon Cassidy at the Family Service of Rhode Island at (401) 331-1350, Ext. 3173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.