5 a.m. – Here are your storm-related updates for Tuesday!
- As we mentioned yesterday, Prout and South Kingstown have the day off, while URI has a delay that cancels some early courses. The Bradley School is also closed, along with Monsignor Clarke. Narragansett, Charlestown, Westerly and North Kingstown are all in session, along with all of the local and not-so-local colleges. For the full list of closures, click here.
- NOTE ABOUT THE PREVIOUS ENTRY: Because I do need to sleep at some point, the info is current as of 5 a.m. However, districts have cancelled the morning of during this storm cycle. Notable, Middletown did so at 5:45 a.m. Monday for Monday’s classes. So, if you do have time today, you might want to do one last panic check because you send the kids to the bus stop or take them in.
- According to National Grid, 2,106 customers remain without power despite ongoing efforts past midnight on Monday. About 1,200 of these customers are in South Kingstown, mostly in areas like Matunuck, Green Hill Beach and portions of Perryville. In Narragansett, only 106 customers are without power. All power is now estimated to be restored as of noon Tuesday.
- The middle school boys’ state tournament semifinals with the Pier School has been moved to 6 p.m. today at Portsmouth Middle School. The finals are still scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Bay View Academy. (If you’re going to be at tonight’s game, we’re looking for a score report and/or pictures! Send both to Stephen.email@example.com, or tweet to GansettPatch.)
- There will be no bible study at First Baptist Church in Narragansett on Tuesday.
- At least according to Weather.com, the snow system that people worried about hitting us on Wednesday or Thursday seems unlikely. However, some small snow showers are currently projected for Saturday. If you’re in an area that floods easily, or if your home experienced damage because of Nemo, keep an eye on this system just in case.
Unless we receive new storm-related information, this will probably be our only update of the day. Thanks for following along with us the past few days, folks!
PREVIOUS STORM COVERAGE
- No School Tuesday for SK, Prout; Delay for URI
- Storm Center: Monday, February 11, 2013
- No School for SK, URI, Prout (refers to Monday classes)
- Storm Center: Sunday, February 10, 2013
- [VIDEO] Tree Crashes Through Roof in Somerset
- Storm Center: Saturday, February 9, 2013
- National Grid Responding to Blizzard of 2013
- Widespread Power Outages in Washington County
- 2 to 3 Feet of Snow Now Projected
- Storm Center: Friday, February 8, 2013
- URI, Prout Classes Cancelled; No Word on Gansett Yet (spoiler alert: they cancelled too!)
- Storm Center: Thursday, February 7, 2013
- Blizzard Watch Now In Effect for Friday Morning
- Post Your ’78 Blizzard Pics Here!
- Early Warning – Snowstorm Forecast for Friday Night