News from Around The Web for May 29, 2012:
- The Providence Journal, “Theatre By The Sea plans expansion to Warwick.” As the headline states, Matunuck’s Theatre by the Sea will be opening a second theater in Warwick, converting a Verizon Fios headquarters on Jefferson Boulevard. The company expects to open in December 2013, with a shortened season following.
- JDL’s South Kingstown Blog, “Memorial Day Parade and Service in South Kingstown.”
- Providence Business News, “Town seeks answers to beach erosion.” PBN has a three-page piece on the tough decisions South Kingstown has in dealing with the Matunuck housing issues.
- The Providence Journal, “New Hampshire man dies after fall from boat in Point Judith.” Michael Gatanti, 56, of Londonderry, NH, died after a fall from the stern of a 30-foot cabin cruiser on Saturday morning. According to police, the death is not suspicious. The Union Leader of Concord, NH has more on the story here.
- The Providence Journal, “R.I. Board of Governors’ members call for tuition waiver review.” In light of the state’s overall budget woes and some questionable numbers about tuition waivers, two members of the Board of Governors are asking its finance committee to examine the issue.
- The Providence Journal, “R.I. tourism officials say summer season off to strong start.” Citing several examples in Newport, state tourism officials said there was a strong Memorial Day weekend.
- Mass Live, “East Longmeadow’s Steve Moyers has always been a master on the mound.” A profile on University of Rhode Island baseball recruit Steve Moyers.
Want to be e-mailed when we posted an Around The Web? Click the “keep me posted!” button below.