1) Luce: Associate Regional Editor Patrick Luce takes the reins of the South Kingstown Patch today. You can contact him at Patrick.email@example.com.
2) What's cookin? If you've got a spare $15 or $18 and are looking for some cooking tips, grab your wallet and head over to The Neighborhood Guild, 325 Columbia St, Wakefield, tonight at 7 p.m. This evening's lesson: Holiday Appetizer Cookin'.
3) Branch out: If you're looking for a Christmas tree, or just a plain holiday tree, check out our guide to finding this year's festive flora.
4) Final Week: Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7. If you or a loved one need to enroll or change a Medicare policy, the Rhode Island Department of Elderly Affairs is holding workshops in local communities.
5) Automate this: On this day in 1993, according to brainyhistory.com, astronauts began repair of the Hubble telescope in space. Robots don't have that job — yet.