Thanks to Waves of Creation owner Laura Winward, and several other local businesses, a truck full of goods will be on its way this weekend to hurricane-affected areas in New York and New Jersey.
According to Karen Forber, who is volunteering and helping Winward, donations have come in from Welcome House, Pier Pizza, Staples, Belmont Market, Sweenor’s and individuals. Forber said Winward grew up in New Jersey and Manhattan, which is why she organized the drive.
“She’s been working her tail off on this,” Forber said.
Other businesses identified as helping out on Waves’ Facebook page are Liberty Rentals, Point Judith Boats, Job Lot and Welcome Mart. More than 150 boxes have been filled so far.
Other Efforts in Washington County
- Odessa Cozzolino and Phil Nutting of East Greenwich spent Monday raking muck and serving food in Rockaway, New York. For their story, click here.
- East Greenwich bus drivers are soliciting donations for a drive this weekend. For more info, click here.
- Looking for other donation places? Join or check out this group on Facebook, which is doing a good job at aggregating efforts in South County.
- For the Red Cross, click here.
- Know of other people holding donation drives or collecting funds? Let us know in the comment section, or e-mail us! Send your correspondence to Stephen.email@example.com.