5 Things: Tax Time Cometh
Here are Five Things to know today, Feb. 21.
1. The South Kingstown Recreation Commission, a five-member policy board responsible for overseeing the operation of the parks and recreation department, is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 at The Center, 25 Saint Dominic Road. Check out a full agenda for the meeting here.
The Recreation Commission typically meets on the third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Neighborhood Guild.
2. It's tax time. Don't wait until the last minute. The Education Exchange is hosting the VITA free tax preparation and filing program for people with an income of less than $49,000.
This program is sponsored by United Way of RI and all VITA volunteers are trained and certified by the IRS. The program runs from through April 12 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3-6:30 p.m.
Call or e-mail The Education Exchange, 33 North Road, at 401-783-0293 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
3. Everyone's got something to say. Say it on Patch! Become a Patch blogger and share your thoughts on your area of expertise, or anything you are passionate about. Blog on your schedule, and post as often as you like. It's up to you. For more information, e-mail Patrick Luce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. South Kingstown High School and Prout School basketball teams are both in action tonight as the South Kingstown girls host Warwick's Pilgrim High School, and the Prout boys host Bristol's Mount Hope. Both games are scheduled for 7 p.m.
5. Expect sunny, mild weather again today with high temperatures nearing 50 as the winter-that-wasn't continues on. Clouds will begin to increase tomorrow ahead of an expected rainstorm Friday, but temperatures should continue to climb into the mid-50s by late week.