5 Things: School Committee, Jazz and the Jolly Ole Elf
Here are 5 Things to know for Tuesday, Dec. 6.
1. Finances will be on the minds of School Committee members as they discuss the fiscal 2013 budget and get prepared for the Town Meeting scheduled for Dec. 19 during tonight's regular meeting. The committee is scheduled to meet at 7 tonight in the South Kingstown High School Library, 215 Columbia St.
2. Experience an evening of jazz and avant-garde music as noted jazz recording artists Planet Safety rocks the Fine Arts Center at URI, 105 Upper College Road, tonight at 8. Musicians Leo Genovese, Bob Gullotti and Dave Zinno also welcome a secret Grammy-winning guest on stage. Tickets cost $20 and go on sale at 7 p.m. For more information, call 401-874-2431 or email email@example.com.
3. Kids can find out of they're on the naughty or nice list when Santa visits The Neighborhood Guild, 325 Columbia St., tonight from 5:30 to 7. The jolly ole elf will be making return visits Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights we well.
4. The URI Rams are off to a slow start this season posting just one win in their first eight games. Prospects for an immediate turnaround are not great as they host ACC powerhouse Virginia Tech tomorrow at 7 p.m.
5. The unseasonably warm weather will stick around for another day, but not the sun. Rain is expected most of today, but with temperatures hovering in the low 60s.