Here are the (more than) Five Things for Wednesday, September 5, 2012:
“We can’t win at home. We can’t win on the road. I just can’t figure out where else to play!” – Pat Williams. Today’s high school sports scheduled, and yesterday’s results:
- Narragansett girls’ volleyball swept Pilgrim 3-0 in their home opener Tuesday night.
- Narragansett varsity girls’ tennis plays at Lincoln High School at 3:30 p.m.
- Narragansett girls’ cross country has an Injury Fund meet at 5 p.m. at Goddard Park.
- South Kingstown girls’ volleyball plays at Coventry High School. Varsity starts at 6:30 p.m., junior varsity at 4:45 p.m.
- Prout girls’ volleyball plays at North Kingstown High School. Varsity is at 6:30 p.m., with junior varsity at 4:45 p.m.
Tell us a storrrryyy! It’s storytime for 3 to 5-year-olds at Peace Dale Library at 10:30 a.m.
“I love acting. It is so much more real than life.” – Oscar Wilde. The Contemporary Theatre Company is offering acting classes at 5 p.m. The cost is $10.
Cruising but not for bruisings. It is Cruise Night at Aunt Carrie’s in Narragansett, starting at 5 p.m. This refers to classic cars, and not those trips Kathie Lee used to hawk. Check out some classic cars and classic clamcakes.
One and two and three and four… There are ballroom dancing lessons at the Towers at 6 p.m. tonight, for $15.
DANGER WILL ROBINSON! Starting this week, we’re going to be phasing out the adding of new calendar events by our staff. This means that if you’re from a group or organization, you’ll have to start doing them yourself. It’s pretty simple, though! While logged into your Patch account, just go here. Adding your event ensures it’ll show up in searches, and be eligible for me to give it shout-outs in Five Things.
Sign up for our daily newsletter! Hey, I realize we have a lot of neat features and knick-knacks on the site, so it can be confusing to keep up with it all. Want just one simple, easy to read daily digest? Sign up for our e-mail newsletter here then. It comes out between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. roughly, every single day of the week. Amazing, I know!
It was not traded for Al Michaels – YET. On this day in 1927, the first Oswald the Lucky Rabbit cartoon was released.
What an obscure reference! Happy 34th birthday to Laura Bertram! I had an immense crush on you as a kid, thanks to Ready Or Not and Are You Afraid of the Dark? Call me!
Want to be e-mailed when we have a new Five Things? Click the “keep me posted!” button below.