Here are the (more than) Five Things for Saturday, October 20, 2012:
Check the weather! Before venturing out today, make sure you check your most-trusted weather source, whatever that might be. As of Friday night, there was a chance of rain for Saturday morning.
Reap the benefits of markets and other fun stuff! Here are the farmers’ markets and other events going on this weekend.
- There is a tag sale at the Church of the Ascension on Main Street in Wakefield at 8 a.m.
- The South Kingstown and URI farmers’ market is at 8:30 a.m. at URI’s East Farm.
- There is drop-in tennis at the Broad Rock tennis courts at 9 a.m. The cost is $3.
- The Cross Mills farmers’ market is at 9 a.m. in Charlestown.
- The Narragansett Fire Department has an open house at 10 a.m.
- There is a statewide open house for freemasonry in Rhode Island. Check it out at 10 a.m. at 64 Columbia Street.
- Ferry Orthodontics hosts a pumpkin party at 12:30 p.m. Admission is $2.
- The Get to the Point road race is at 1 p.m. at Salty Brine State Beach.
- There is a kickoff for Project Undercover at 3 p.m. at the Farmer’s Daughter. Project Undercover helps Rhode Island children living below the poverty level by providing them with underclothing.
- The South Kingstown Parks and Recreation golf ball drop and raffle AND concert is at 3 p.m. at 2 Salt Pond Road. For more, click here.
“A pox o’ your throat, you bawling, blasphemous, incharitable dog!” – The Bard. The Contemporary Theater Company puts on The Tempest, starting today. Tickets are $20, and the show is at 7 p.m.
“I don’t want to die!” “Then you should never been born.” – Christopher Pike, Black Blood. Here are today’s scary events:
- The Pettaquamscutt Historical Society presents “The Haunts of Little Rest Hill” at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Admission is $15.
- Dracula is being shown at the Courthouse Center for the Arts at 8 p.m. The cost is $25.
Oh no! Maybe there seriously aren’t that many events today, given that it’s World Osteoporosis Day. As a result, our events calendar for today is a bit barren. If you’re having an event, please let us know in the comments. Also, make sure it isn’t left out in the future – Submit it via this link (as long as you’re logged into your Patch account).
Sign up for our daily newsletter! Hey, I realize we have a lot of neat features and knick-knacks on the site, so it can be confusing to keep up with it all. Want just one simple, easy to read daily digest? Sign up for our e-mail newsletter here then. It comes out between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. roughly, every single day of the week. Amazing, I know!
Free fallin’ into middle age! Happy 61st birthday to Tom Petty.
Want to be e-mailed when we have a new Five Things? Click the “keep me posted!” button below. For our full list of events for today, click here.