Here are the (more than) Five Things for Sunday, June 3, 2012:
- Division III boys’ lacrosse championship today. The Narragansett High School boys’ lacrosse team, seeded No. 2, will take on No. 1 seed Smithfield 3 p.m. today for the Division III title at Rhode Island College. In their only regular season meeting, Smithfield hosted Narragansett and beat the Mariners 11-10. Smithfield also eliminated Narragansett in the semifinals of the 2011 playoffs.
- Festival for new Narragansett athletic complex today. Stop by the festival area at Narragansett High School from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for free children's activities, a DJ, barbecue, and bid on some great silent auction and raffle prizes from area businesses including the Coast Guard House, Riptides, South County Choppers, Robert Anthony Salon, Dunkin Donuts, Olympic Physical Therapy and more. At 11 a.m., you can watch the Police Department take on the Fire Department in a flag football game.
- Community service hours – Volunteers needed for above event. Student and adult volunteers are still needed any time between 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday for the festival. Students are eligible for community service hours.
- I wonder how Usain Bolt would do in a stroller race… A Place to Grow will be hosting “A Race To Grow,” a 5K road race and one-mile stroller walk. Registration is at 7:30 a.m., with the race at 9 a.m. You can register day-of. For more information, click here.
- Identify your own artifacts! There will be a Canonchet Farm guided walk at 1 p.m. today. Jay Waller will discuss how to identify artifacts, and examine some stone tools from the South County Museum. Meet in the Metz Building of the museum.
- Full Moon Yoga on the Beach! What a neat sounding event. Run by All That Matters, it takes place from 7:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. at South Kingstown Town Beach. The cost is $12.
- Nobody expects the French inquisition! On this day in 1121, French philosopher Peter Abelard was found guilty of heresy.
- The Silver Fox! Happy 44th birthday to Anderson Cooper.
Want to be e-mailed when there is a new Five Things? Click the “keep me posted!” button below.